How to Reserve Books & Other Library Materials
It's easy to reserve library materials. Just choose an option and follow the directions:
OPTION 1: Place a Hold on an Item by logging into the Library Catalog
- As you search the Catalog and identify an item you want.
- Then click on the "Place A Hold" button.
- Enter your library card barcode and PIN.
- Click on the "Log In" button.
- Using the arrow select your Pickup Library.
- The Activation Date is set for today. If you want the system to look for the item later because you don't have time now, change the date. Otherwise, leave it as today.
- Click on the "Submit Request" button.
- The Place Hold screen allows you to select any library as a pickup point. Then click the "Place Hold" button.
- Your "Contact information and Preferences" are able to be verified.
- If all is correct, you have the ability to "Return to search results", "Go to your list of hold requests", or "Log Out."
OPTION 2: Request a Hold Be Placed for You.
If you choose not to reserve materials online, you may request that a staff member place the reserve for you. This can be done in person or by telephone (326.7832).
OPTION 3: Email a Hold Request.
You may also request via e-mail that a Hold be placed for you through Contact Us, the Reference Department's E-mail Reference Service. Please remember to include
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your library card barcode number
- The title and author of the item(s) you want reserved
- The library location where you want the item sent
The Library will notify you as soon as a copy of the reserved item is available. There is no charge for this service and no limit on the number of items you may place on hold.