Materials may be renewed for an additional loan period, if no one else has reserved them. The limit is one (1) renewal per item. You may renew books & other library materials in the following ways:
- Go to the library catalog.
- Click on the tab labeled "Patron Account."
- Enter your Library Barcode and Password.
- Click on the "Log In" button.
- Click on the "Items Out" button.
You may choose to renew all of your items or selected items. If you wish to renew all items:
- Click on the "Renew All Items at the bottom of the screen.
To renew only some items:
- Click in the check box in front of the title(s) you wish to renew.
- Click on the "renew Selected Items" button at the bottom of the screen.
You must have your library card, password, and the barcodes of each item to be renewed. The phone numbers are:
- Local number: (563) 823-5565
- Toll-free number: (888) 534-6130
When you call, the system gives you the option to:
- press 2 to listen to items available for renew -- this option allows the renewal of specific items or all items
- press 3 to renew specific items -- this option only allows you to renew specific items.
Bring items into the Library: Renew materials using the self-check machines at the Main Library, the Fairmount Branch or the Eastern Avenue Branch.